REQUEST FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
Accelerating Renewable Energy Integration and Sustainable Energy Project
Installation of 21 MW Grid-tied Solar Photovoltaic System in Addu City, Fuvahmulah City, Kulhudhuffushi City, GDh. Thinadhoo, B. Eydhafushi and Lh. Hinnavaru under Design, Build, Finance, Own, Operate, and Transfer Basis
RFB No.: 001/172788
1. The Government of the Republic of Maldives is implementing Accelerating Renewable Energy Integration and Sustainable Energy (ARISE) Project with the support of World Bank and invites investors for Installation of 21 MW Grid-tied Solar Photovoltaic System in Addu City, Fuvahmulah City, Kulhudhuffushi City, GDh. Thinadhoo, B. Eydhafushi and Lh. Hinnavaru under Design, Build, Finance, Own, Operate, and Transfer Basis. The project consists of two lots:
a. Lot One: Installation of 10 MW Floating Solar Photovoltaic System in Addu City
b. Lot Two: Installation of 11 MW Land Based Solar in Addu City, Fuvahmulah City, Kulhudhuffushi City, GDh. Thinadhoo, B. Eydhafushi and Lh. Hinnavaru
2. The Ministry of Finance, on behalf of Ministry of Environment (the Employer), extends the deadline of registration and application submission of the Invitation (Invitation Ref No. (IUL) 13-K/13/2020/79) to July 22, 2020. Applicants may choose to submit their prequalification documents for either of the lots, or for both the lots. Qualifications requirements are stated in the Pre-Qualification Document.
3. Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of July 2016, Revised November 2017 and August 2018 - (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. To participate in the pre-qualification process, interested applicants shall register with the Ministry of Finance from 30th January 2020 to 22nd July 2020. by:
(a) Payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or USD 100.00, through our online payment portal - Ban'deyri Pay (https://bandeyripay.finance.gov.mv/) , or by electronic transfer to a designated bank account, information of which can be requested through email to below given email addresses, and;
(b) Once the payment has been confirmed, the applicant shall be registered upon submitting in person or by electronic mail, the following information:
i. Name and Address of the Applicant
ii. Name, Email address, and contact number of the contact person(s)
iii.Copy of the payment/transaction receipt
5. A complete set of Pre-Qualification document and related documentation shall be available on the Ministry of Finance website www.finance.gov.mvfor downloading. The Employer shall not be held liable for any information not received by the Applicant, and it is the Applicant’s responsibility to verify the website for the latest information related to this invitation for prequalification.
6. Submission of applications for pre-qualification must be received in a sealed envelope marked “Application for Pre-Qualification for Installation of 21 MW Grid-tied Solar Photovoltaic Systemin Addu City, Fuvahmulah City, Kulhudhuffushi City, GDh. Thinadhoo, B. Eydhafushi and Lh. Hinnavaru under Design, Build, Finance, Own, Operate, and Transfer Basis” to the Ministry of Finance at the address specified in Clause 7 of this Invitation, on or before 1300 hrs Maldives time on 23rd July 2020. Applications received within the deadline will be opened shortly after the deadline in the presence of the Applicants who wish to attend the opening. Late Applications will be rejected.
7. Applicants may obtain further information from the following address:
Ministry of Finance,
Ameenee Magu, Malé, Maldives,
Tel: (+960) 3349102
E-Mail: [email protected]
Copy to: [email protected]
8. This Invitation for Pre-qualification is also published in the following websites.
7th May 2020