Ministry of Environment
Republic of Maldives
Accelerating Sustainable Private Investment in Renewable Energy (ASPIRE) Project
SCF Grant NO.: TF017182
Reference No.: (IUL) 438-ASPIRE/1/2019/23
Date.: April 25, 2019
Request for Expressions of Interest
Civil Engineer (Part-time)
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received grant funds under the multi-donor Strategic Climate Fund, administered by the World Bank, towards the cost of Accelerating Sustainable Private Investment in Renewable Energy (ASPIRE) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for the services of a Civil Engineer.
The key objective of this is to provide technical/engineering input, advice, and related administrative support for the activities undertaken under the projects managed by PMU.
Key qualification requirements of the individuals who apply for the position are:
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Civil Engineering. Having studied environment or energy elective subjects will be an added advantage.
- Must have professional work experience of minimum three (03) years. Having experience in structural engineering will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered Civil Engineer at Ministry of Housing and Urban Development. Accredited professional engineer - structural design compliance (possessing Structural Checker Stamp) is preferred.
- Should possess sound knowledge of computer aided design software/applications commonly used in the industry.
- Should have excellent command over English with proven communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
The Ministry of Environment now invites interested eligible individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI). Interested individuals must provide their CV with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) covering the Key Qualifications listed above.
A candidate will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, Revised July 2014.
Successful candidate will be paid a negotiable fee depending on qualification and experience. The individual for this position will be hired, for a period of Six (06) months on part-time basis and may be extended for a further period, based on need and performance.
The expressions of interest must be submitted to the address by (regular mail or email) not later than 1300 hours on May 9, 2019 and shall be available to commence the services no later than June 2019.
Interested individuals may obtain further information on request by writing to the address below.
Project Management Unit
Ministry of Environment
Handhuvaree Hingun, Maafannu
Male’, 20392, Republic of Maldives
Tel: 3018300, 3018214
Email: [email protected]