Invitation for Bids
REPUBLIC OF MALDIVES
ENHANCING EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (EEDP)
WB Grant No.: H841-MV
Contract Title: Construction of 6 Classroom Block in Atoll Education Center, GA. Villingili (EEDP/W.7)
Reference No: (IUL) 22-E/1/2015/300
Date: 14th September 2015
1. The Republic of Maldives has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Enhancing Education Development Project (EEDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of 6 Classroom Block in Atoll Education Center, GA. Villingili
2. The Ministry of Education now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of 6 Classroom Block in Atoll Education Center, GA. Villingili
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011(“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ms. Afaaf Mohamed Saeed, Procurement Officer, Coordination Support Unit, Ministry of Education, Male’, Republic of Maldives.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders during office hours 0900 hours to 1400 hours from 14th September 2015 to 27th October 2015, at the address given below, upon the submission of a written application (foreign parties only) to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of MVR 200/- .The method of payment will be Cash for local parties and bank transfer for foreign parties. The document will be sent by via email to foreign parties and local parties can collect upon payment. The complete set of bidding documents can be purchased from the given address below:
Ministry of Education
8th Floor, Velaanaage
Ameer Ahmed Magu
6. Bids must be delivered to the address as stated below on or before 27th October 2015, 1300 hoursElectronic bidding will notbe permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 27th October 2015, 1300 hours.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securityof MVR 10,000. (Maldivian Rufiyaa Ten Thousand Only).
8. The address referred to above for Bid Submission is:
Coordination Support Unit
Ministry of Education
No. 103, 1st Floor
Tel: (960)334 1301, (960) 334 1318, (960) 334 1317
Fax: (960) 3313749
E-Mail: [email protected]