INVITATION FOR BIDS
PROCUREMENT OF IT HARDWARE FOR THE USE OF NATIONAL CENTRE FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
1. The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received funds from the World Bank for the Pension and Social Administration Project , part of the proceeds will be used for Procurement of IT Hardware for the use of National Centre for Information Technology as per the MOU signed by the National Center for the Information Technology and National Social Protection Agency.
2. The Ministry of Finance and Treasury, on behalf of Maldives Pension Administration office (the Employer), invites bids from eligible and qualified bidders to the Procurement of IT Hardware for the use of National Centre for Information Technology according to the following Lots.
Lot 1- Cisco IPS
Lot 2- Blade System Chasis & Blade Servers
Lot 3- Symantec Backup Exec 2012
Lot 4- Cisco 10G Network Switch
Lot 5- Cisco ASA 5525-X Firewall
Lot 6- SAN Storage
Lot 7- QNAP Turbo NAS, 16-bay SAS/SATA-enabled unified storage
Lot 8- Multimedia Projector
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines; Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
4. A complete set of the Bidding Documents in electronic format may be obtained from Tender Evaluation Section of Ministry of Finance and Treasury, from 30th December 2014 to 25th January 2015between 0830 hrs and 1400 hrs on all working days, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred).
5. Bidders may obtain further information from the following address,
Mr. Ahmed Mujuthaba
Tender Evaluation Section
Ministry of Finance and Treasury,
Tel: (960) 3349203, (960) 3349106
Fax: (960) 3320706, (960) 3324432
E-Mail: [email protected]
6. The Bidder shall furnish a bid security of MVR 10,000.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa Ten Thousand) which shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid.
7. A pre-bid meeting will be held on 12th January 2015 at 1000 hrs Maldivian time at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid opening and shall be delivered to the Ministry of Finance and Treasury at the address specified above in Clause 6 of this Invitation for Bids, on or before 1000 hrs Maldivian time on 26th January 2015, at which time they will be opened in the presence of the Bidders who wish to attend the bid opening.
9. This Invitation for Bid is also published in the Ministry of Finance and Treasury website www.finance.gov.mv