Request for Expressions of Interest
IT specialist / Software Engineer
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received Grant and Loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the establishment of a National Single Window for Trade Project. The Ministry of Economic Development intends to hire the servicesf a contract staff for the services of a IT specialist / Software Engineer for the Project Management Unit (PMU), to be established at the Ministry of Economic Development.
The objective of this assignment
The National Single Window project will leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to streamline border control procedures. This will enable traders and other service providers to transact business using electronic forms.
In addition, the project will facilitate sharing of harmonized data to enable the automated processing of documents across stakeholder systems. This will contribute to the government’s sectoral strategy to establish a single window system for international trade facilitation.
The project is aligned with the following impacts: (i) Top 40 ranking on the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index achieved by 2025; and (ii) Faster, cheaper, and more predictable cross-border trade in the South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) sub-region achieved.
The project will have the following outcomes:
- An electronic platform that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standard information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import and export related statutory requirements.
- Streamlined and enhanced international trade procedures between the private sector and border control line agencies.
- Sharing of harmonized data to enable automated processing of documents across stakeholder IT systems.
- Leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to provide online access to carry out cross border trade and efficiency in the clearance of cargo.
The qualification requirements for this position include, among other things the following:
- A Master’s degree in Software Engineering or related IT Qualification
- 7-10 years in software development and management of software development projects.
The Ministry of Economic Development now invites interested eligible individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI). Interested individuals must provide their CV with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) covering the Key Qualifications listed above.
Interested individuals shall submit their EOI online at ADB Consultant Management System (CMS) - Consulting Services Recruitment Notices (CSRN) website (http://csrn.adb.org) in accordance with the instructions contained therein. All other forms of submission including hard copy will not be considered for evaluation. The deadline for the submission of the EOIs is on 2100 hours Maldivian Time on February 23, 2023.
Note: The request for expressions of interest shall be read in conjunction with the TOR for the respective post. (Attached)
Ministry of Economic Development
Ameeru Ahmed Magu,
Republic of Maldives
E-mail: [email protected]