Vacancy in Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services
We are currently seeking highly qualified Community Development Officer to join our team.
Purpose for the job:
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, the Community Development officer is accountable for providing professional, technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming and implementation processes of activities under IBAMA Project in the Policy, Planning Monitoring and Research Department (PPMRD). The support includes coordinating and assist in implementation of the planned activities of the IBAMA project.
1. Key function, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
The Community Development officer will be required to undertake following tasks, among others;
- Support to the planning process of IBAMA activities, including coordinating and communication with stakeholders.
- Technical and operational support, including logistical arrangements for roll-out of IBAMA in islands, ensuring timely delivery of activities.
- Coordinating organization of IBAMA trainings with relevant stakeholders and organizing monthly stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure information, reports and other documentation relevant to the implementation, review and reporting of the project are provided in a timely manner.
- Accompany IBAMA consultant to selected islands for trainings and field visits.
- Carry out reporting process of IBAMA, including documentation of trainings and necessary reporting to donor agencies. Close support and monitoring of IBAMA roll-out activities.
2. Duration and Commencement of Services
Successful candidates will be contracted for a period of 1 (one) year, with potential renewal of contract based on performance and organizational need, the duration of which will be negotiated with the individual but shall not exceed 2 (two) years in total.
3. Recruitment Qualifications
A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Management, Business Administration, public health, sociology, psychology, or another relevant social science field.
A minimum of two to three years of professional experience in or related social science field with active work in planning, implementing. Coordinating and/or management in Social Development project, program or areas.
Fluency in English and Dhivehi is required.
4. Reporting Requirement
Report directly to the Head of PPMRD of the Ministry.
The Community Development officer should report to work on week days from 0800 – 1400hrs, other than public holidays. Depending on the workload may need to spend time beyond official hours.
5. Remuneration details
Successful candidate will be paid a fixed monthly fee of MVR 15,295 (Basic Salary 6295/- Service Allowance 6000/- Support Allowance 3000/-) and 7% of salary will be deducted for pension. In addition, any fees payable to the individual for duty travel assignments, Ramadan allowance shall be compensated at the government prevailing rates. Fixed monthly fee shall be subject to deduction for pension and any other statutory requirement as may be applicable.
6. Application instructions
The Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services now invite interested individuals qualified for the assignments to submit Expression of Interest inclusive of the following documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the assignment.
- Cover Letter for Expression of Interest.
- CV including information that demonstrates that the candidate is qualified to undertake the scope of work.
- Work experience documentation. (Description of similar assignments, and experiences in similar field of work).
- Copies of attested academic qualifications
- Reference letters from current and/or previous employers.
- A copy of National Identity Card.
Candidates interested in applying, please email above mentioned documents to [email protected] before 25th September 2022 14:00. For more information please call +960 3027551