National Single Window Project
Reference No.: (IUL)101-HR/1/2022/122
Date: 01st June 2022
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received Grant and Loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the establishment of a National Single Window for Trade Project. Ministry of Economic development intends to hire the services of a contract staff for the services of a Software Engineer for the Project Management Unit (PMU), established at the Ministry of Economic Development.
The objective of this assignment
The National Single Window project will leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to streamline border control procedures. This will enable traders and other service providers to transact business using electronic forms.
In addition, the project will facilitate sharing of harmonized data to enable automated processing of documents across stakeholder systems. This will contribute to the government’s sectoral strategy to establish a single window system for international trade facilitation.
The project is aligned with the following impacts: (i) Top 40 ranking on the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index achieved by 2025; and (ii) Faster, cheaper, and more predictable cross-border trade in the South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) sub-region achieved.
The project will have the following outcomes:
- An electronic platform that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standard information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import and export related statutory requirements.
- Streamlined and enhanced international trade procedures between the private sector and border control line agencies.
- Sharing of harmonized data to enable automated processing of documents across stakeholder IT systems.
- Leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to provide online access to carry out cross border trade and efficiency in the clearance of cargo.
The qualification requirements for this position include, among others, the following:
- A Master’s Degree in Software Engineering or related IT qualification with 3 years relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related IT qualification with 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience in the following development related technologies
- .NET C# / ASP.NET (Core)/
- Web API (RESTful APIs)
- MS SQL Server
- Version control (Git or TFS)
In addition to the above, Software Engineer’s reputation of integrity and impartiality routed in independence from third parties shall be considered.
The Ministry of Economic Development now invites interested eligible individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI). Interested individuals must provide their CV with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) covering the Key Qualifications listed above.
A candidate will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers 2017.
Successful candidate will be paid an all-inclusive monthly fee, depending on qualification and experience in accordance with the Policy Set by Pay Commission on setting a salary framework for staff hired under donor/grant-funded projects.
The expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by regular mail, emails, no later than 2100 hours Maldivian time on June 07, 2022.
Note: The request for expressions of interest shall be read in conjunction with the TOR for the respective post.
Ministry of Economic Development
Velaanaa Building, 11th Floor,
Republic of Maldives
E-mail: [email protected]