Project Number: TEB/2014/126
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Enhancing Education Development Project (E.E.D.P)
Grant No.: H841-MV
SUPPLY, DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION OFCOMPUTER SYSTEMS AND PRINTERS IN ELEVEN (11) SCHOOLS IN MALDIVES
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received grant funds from the World Bank, towards the cost of Enhancing Education Development Project (EEDP) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the contract for the supply, delivery and installation of computer systems and printers in eleven (11) schools in Maldives.
The Ministry of Finance and Treasury, on behalf of Ministry of Education(the Employer), invites bids from eligible and qualified bidders to the supply, delivery and installation of computer systems and printers in eleven (11) schools in Maldives.
1. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines; Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
2. Qualifications requirements are stated in the Bidding Document. Margin of preference shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Document.
3. A complete set of the Bidding Documents in electronic format may be obtained from Tender Evaluation Section of Ministry of Finance and Treasury, from 28th August 2014 to 12th October 2014 between 0830 hrs and 1400 hrs on all working days, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred).
4. Bidders may obtain further information from the following address,
Mr. Ahmed Mujuthaba
Tender Evaluation Section
Ministry of Finance and Treasury,
Tel: (960) 3349203, (960) 3349106
Fax: (960) 3320706, (960) 3324432
E-Mail: [email protected]
5. The Bidder shall furnish a bid security of MVR 132,000.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa Hundred And Thirty Two Thousand) or USD 8,560.00 (US Dollar Eight Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty) which shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid.
6. A pre-bid meeting will be held on 16th September 2014 at 1000 hrs Maldivian time at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
7. Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid opening and shall be delivered to the Ministry of Finance and Treasury at the address specified above in Clause 6 of this Invitation for Bids, on or before 1000 hrs Maldivian time on 13th October 2014, at which time they will be opened in the presence of the Bidders who wish to attend the bid opening.
8. This Invitation for Bid is also published in the Ministry of Finance and Treasury website www.finance.gov.mv