National Single Window Project
Announcement No.: (IUL)101-HR/1/2021/225
Date: 17th November 2021
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received Grant and Loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the establishment of a National Single Window for Trade Project. Ministry of Economic development intends to hire the services of a contract staff for the services of an Accountant for the Project Management Unit (PMU), established at the Ministry of Economic Development.
The objective of this assignment
The National Single Window (NSW) Project is an electronic platform that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standard information and documents with a single-entry point to fulfill all import and export related statutory requirements.
The aim of the National single Window is to provide an efficient, standard environment for streamlined and enhanced international trade procedures between the private sector and border control line agencies, who are involved in the issuance of related permits with regard to import and export of goods. The project will leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to provide online access to carry out the said border control procedures.
NSW will enable traders and other service providers to transact business electronically. In addition, the project will facilitate sharing of harmonized data to enable automated processing of documents across stakeholder IT systems. This will contribute to the government’s sectoral strategy to enhance trade facilitation.
The project is aligned with the following impacts: (i) Top 40 ranking on the World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index achieved by 2025; and (ii) Faster, cheaper, and more predictable cross-border trade in the South Asia Sub Regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) sub region.
The project will have the following outcomes:
- An electronic platform that allows parties involved in trade and transport, to lodge standard information and documents with a single-entry point, to fulfill all import and export related statutory requirements.
- Streamlined and enhanced international trade procedures between the private sector and border control line agencies.
- Sharing of harmonized data to enable automated processing of documents across stakeholder IT systems.
- Leverage information and communication technology (ICT) to provide online access to carry out cross border trade and efficiency in the clearance of cargo.
The qualification requirements for this position include, among others, the following:
- A masters-level degree or qualification in accounting, finance, financial management, or suitable equivalency from a recognized university or attained final qualification of an accounting or financial management from a recognized professional body (eg. ACCA, CPA, CAT etc.); and
- at least 5 to 7 years of relevant experience including managing payment requests, preparing withdrawal applications and meeting reporting requirements for donor-funded projects.
In addition to the above, Accountant’s reputation of integrity and impartiality routed in independence from third parties shall be considered.
The Ministry of Economic Development now invites interested eligible individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI). Interested individuals must provide their CV with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) covering the Key Qualifications listed above.
A candidate will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers 2017.
Successful candidate will be paid an all-inclusive monthly fee, depending on qualification and experience in accordance with the Policy Set by Pay Commission on setting a salary framework for staff hired under donor/grant-funded projects.
The expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by regular mail, emails, no later than 20:59 hours Maldivian time on November 23, 2021.
Note: The request for expressions of interest shall be read in conjunction with the TOR for the respective post.
Ministry of Economic Development
Velaanaa Building, 11th Floor,
Republic of Maldives
E-mail: [email protected]