- Responsible for the safety of life, ship and cargo
- Implementing and maintaining Company’s Policies and Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental System and other related instructions
- Coordinating departmental functions and activities through the Shipboard Management Team and Planning Meetings
- Ascertaining seaworthiness of the vessel in all respects (stores, navigation equipment, machinery etc) prior to sailing Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact variances.
- Ensuring that the water and weather tight integrity of the vessel is maintained.
- Navigation and voyage planning
- Ensuring stability
- Verifying and checking calculations for Stress and Bending Moments
- Vessel communication and administration Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- The Master must satisfy himself that all necessary documents and certificates required by the various authorities are on board and in good order.
- Responsible for signing on and off crew members
- Ensure that the conditions of any Charter Party are understood and maintained.
- The Master must personally be in charge of navigation upon entering and leaving a port, approaching land, nearing or passing by any danger, altering course for fog or other adverse weather conditions and at all times when the safety of the ship may be at risk.