Published Date: 06 August 2019
Published Time: 1613
Deadline: 19 August 2019 1500
Business Centre Corporation Limited
Business Center Corporation (BCC) in conjunction with SME Development Financing Corporation (SDFC) is launching an essay competition for Maldivian undergraduate students (MQA Level 7 or 8) studying at an MQA accredited educational institution (local and overseas) on the occasion of World Entrepreneurs' Day – 21 August 2019.
The topic of the essay is “Opportunities and Challenges to Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Development in Maldives”.
This competition provides undergraduate students with an opportunity to develop research, analytical and communication skills.
1500 hrs on August 19, 2019
Submissions must be made with a completed entry form (attached - Appendix A) to [email protected] or Business Center Corporation, 3rd Floor, Sakeena Manzil, Medhuziyaarai Magu 20121, Male’.
- Eligible entrants mustbe Maldivian undergraduate students and currently enrolled in an MQA accredited educational institution (local and overseas) on 8 August 2019.
- Submissions must be made in English, typed in 12-pt font with 1 ½ line spacing and must not exceed 2000 words. Word limit does not include cover page, table of contents and bibliography.
- Submissions must be original and not have been submitted elsewhere for credit. It must also be referenced to academic standards including any statistics or data. Failure to properly reference your work to original source can be grounds for plagiarism and may result in disqualification.
- The student number must appear at top right corner of every page. Student name must not appear anywhere in the essay. Each student can make only one submission, and submissions cannot be made as a group.
- Submissions of the essay gives BCC and SDFC the right to publish the essay in-print and on the website(s) with due credit given to the author.
- Evaluation and judging will be done via a systematic blind marking method. Any information that reveals the name or identity of the student will not be attached to the essay or mark sheet.
- Entries will be judged on five key areas: (1) relevance to topic 20%, (2) critical analysis 20%, (3) research, data and statistics 20%, (4) recommendations 20% and (5) writing 20%.
- Winners will be announced on 21 August 2019.
For enquiries about the competition please email [email protected]